Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Ending Of Teen Wolf


This gives you an insight as to how my mind works: In yesterday's post about the Grammys Best New Artist analysis, I said that Amy Holland (nominated in 1980) never did anything else in her career. When I went to bed last night, it occurred to me that her name still sounded somewhat familiar and then it hit me...she sang the song over the end credits of the classic movie "Teen Wolf". Then it also hit me, that the reason I would know that is because of the random thing that occurs in the background of the final scene that has made me watch the scene over and over again anytime the movie is on.

Here's the clip...





First of all, I get the chills watching this scene to begin with. When I was a kid, I tried to reenact the basketball SLOOOOWLY going around the rim before it falls but I'd usually just brick it (I had a two handed jump shot which was destined to fall me).

Anyway, Amy Holland's sweet voice kicks in around the :42 second mark. I have to admit, her voice isn't the greatest but its a pretty melody and I'm sucker for a nice piano part. By the way, whatever happened to the blond in this movie? She gave me a "rise in my Levis" when I didn't know what a "rise" was back then. Actually, what happened to the entire cast outside Michael J. Fox??? The overweight teammate had that classic line "Its Enrico Polatzo!!!" in the Naked Gun movie, but that was it. You'd think the Dad in this movie would go on to at least a cameo in a Law and Order spinoff.

Back to the purpose of this post though...at the 1:47 mark, there's a guy with a red sweater on with his fly down and what appears to be his penis hanging out. I don't know if the guy did this on purpose or not but he spends the rest of the scene hiding it and zipping up his fly. How could the editor of this movie miss this? Anyway, I know I'm not the first person to mention this but its pretty neat stuff.

I watched this scene so many times that the song eventually stuck in my head so when I see Amy Holland's name, it vaguely sounded familiar.

I also enjoy a slow motion credit sequence as well.

No comments: