Monday, January 17, 2011

Grown Men Crying





They say that the winter is the time of the year where people get depressed. To celebrate that fact, let's take a look at grown men crying!


I'm still in shock over the end of the Mike and the Mad Dog show. If you live in NY and have a remote interest in sports this is big news. Below is video of the show when Mad Dog called in to say goodbye and he starts crying about 40 seconds in. Mike then gets teary eyed and tells a lame story which shows you what the show is going to be like going forward with Chris Russo (the Mad Dog).






His crying reminds me of one of the most unforgettable "grown men crying" moments in all of sports...Mike Schmidt's retirement press conference. I love how his voice breaks when he says "dream come true" at 24 seconds in. Even better, I love his pose at the end when he dries his eyes, leans towards his locker, and crosses his legs. Classic.



Next up is the famous Terrel Owens breakdown over Tony Romo. Sometimes when a customer service person gets mad at my wife, I want to get a little weepy and tell them "hey now, that's my teammate...that's my quarterback".



I wish I had the full clip of this but this taste of this Arnold Palmer clip gives you a good idea of how much rain his eyes could produce. This was taken at his last Masters in 1994...."that just about says it all! ".




From one of the greatest golfers to one of the greatest tennis players...Roger Federer. Talk about taking the spotlight away from Rafael Nadal with your whining.
I love the face caving and the slow breakdown into full tears starting at the :30 mark.




Perhaps the greatest breakdown of all time is Lou Pinella's last game as a Cubs manager. Lou needs to realize that one shouldn't try to talk when crying.




Honorable mention....

No comments: