Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Carvel Ice Cream



Friendly's Ice Cream and Baskin Robbins may be the two big name ice cream places growing up in the 80's but to me, there's an ice cream place that I hold near and dear to my heart...Carvel.

Although Friendly's has interestingly named sundaes like the "Jim Dandy" and "Reese's Peanut Butter Cup", and Baskin Robbins has a gazillion flavors along with the iconic Cappochino Blast, Carvel was just your simple ice cream place. Mainly based in New York, it was a family owned company and it was THE place to go to get a Fudgie The Whale, Cookie Puss, or Tom Turkey cake. My favorite were the flying saucers.

Sadly, there are not too many Carvels around anymore but their commercials live on here...




After looking at the above, the eyes and nose of Cookie Puss looks like a set of testicles and a flaccid penis. I love the grandfatherly voice at the end. He died a few years ago at the age of 90 I think.

Lastly, here's a the classic Carvel jingle that will stay in your head the rest of today...trust me. This is actually a very sexy ice cream commercial if you admire the steam and sweatyness of the desserts here.

No comments: