Thursday, May 16, 2013

Garbage Pail Kid Of The Week - "Cole Gate"

I'm not familiar with any Coles growing up in the 1980's.  Cole Hauser was an journeyman actor. Cole Trickle was the iconic race car driver in "Days Of Thunder".  But other than that, I didn't know of any Cole's. It does seem to be making a comeback the past few years so I chose Cole Gate as this week's Garbage Pail Kid Of The Week. And to not lose the joke, for those of you under the age of 25, Colgate was an actual toothpaste back in the day. Let's take a closer look.


Cole looks like he's all ready for bed and like every good little kid, he's brushing his teeth.  And what is using for tooth paste?  His own tongue juices....yummy!  Now I used to have a tongue scraper back in college.  If you've never tried it before, I recommend you taking the $2.99 it costs at CVS and check it out.  You will find things you ate from years ago...trust me.  Anyway, poor Cole looks like he's not in any pain like other Garbage Pail Kids, but does seem to leaking fluids from his nose and mouth.

Two other quick notes.  1.) I like the anchors on Cole's pajamas...nice touch there.  2.) The bath towel says GPK.  How nice of him to have an embroidered towel.

No comments: