Thursday, August 29, 2013

The History of Movies From A-Z: "Cabin Fever"

This is a semi-regular piece where I review my DVD collection in alphabetical order. This will take me approximately 38 years to get through.  Today, I skip ahead a bit and review the schlocky horror classic "Cabin Fever"



* Where I bought this movie: Picked this one up in my Bayside Queens days circa 2003. I picked this one up at the local Best Buy.

* Why Own It?: 
 I had heard cool things about this movie in that it wasn't a run of the mill horror movie.  They were right.  Written and directed by Eli Roth when he was on his way to become the greatest horror director and writer for about 8 months, there was a lot of hype in the movie magazines I would read about it.  Plus, there was nudity and people's skin falling off....and gosh darn it, if you know me well, those are two things I love in movies.

This gives you a pretty good idea as to what to expect in this movie.

* Had I seen this movie before?: Twice (the last being in 2006)...but the movie moves pretty fast so its rewatchable.  I had sort of forgotten a lot of how the movie ended so I was sort of on the edge of my seat again.  Plus, the special effects are pretty gruesome. 

* Time collecting dust: 10 years.

* What I thought of the movie: A very good but not great horror movie.  I'd still recommend it.  There are super random scenes in the movie and it probably mixes sex and horror like no other movie had before and probably not much since.  You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.  


Do NOT sit next to this kid.


*  And the cast:   Hmmm..well the biggest name in the movie that's held up is the older brother in that goofy show "Boy Meets World".  Rider Strong is his name I believe.  What kind of name is that?  Is that his real name?  Anyway, the next biggest familar face is Eli Roth himself who has a long cameo.  Then you pretty much have a mix of somewhat familar faces in movies around the 1999-2004 era but nobody who has done anything of substance since.  The two girls in this movie are smoking hot though.

A rare happy moment in this movie. She's hot and he has hairy nipples.

Favorite Scenes:  1.)  Shaving the legs...OUCH 2.) The ending credits scene with everyone dancing around is awesome. 3.) The "I MADE IT...I F'CKING MADE IT scene"...not so fast. 4.) I don't want to ruin the surprise but the next time a guy is with his girlfriend in bed, you might want to make sure she didn't drink some water that could cause her skin to dissolve.  I'll leave it at that.


Recommended?:   Yes.  Its not a long movie so check it out if its on cable or you find it somewhere.

Girls with guns.



Cut the BS about the movie, I just want to know if there is any nudity:  Yes, and its pretty good.  Let's just say there's a brunette and a blond.  The brunette has no issues about being nude (it happens two or three times).  The blond does not get nude but she looks extra pretty in a black bikini...Ugh, am I really almost 36 years old? I sound scary.

Previous Movie: The Abyss
     Next Movie: ???

No comments: