Friday, September 24, 2010

The Most Intense Candy Bar Commercial Ever?


"Nestle' tastes the very best...N E S T L E S."

This damn song from one of the dumbest commercials still worms its way into my head every now and then. I figured I'd look at the commercial where it came from.



Talk about sappy high production values. I love the dude in the beginning. I wish I could see the singer singing this song in the recording booth. Instrumentally, it sounds like it could be a deleted music cue from "The Neverending Story". And how about those background vocals at the 0:15 mark? At least it ends happily with the preppy guy end the girl on the swing ready to enjoy their candy bar together.

Not too many commercials can have the words "creamy white" in it without it being indecent.

I never bought a Nestle bar before, but this song has stayed with me for over 20 years now.

No comments: