Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pet Peeve's - People with Three Word Names

Quick hit today.

I caught a bit of the Alabama/Utah football game last week and lord help me if I hear that stupid name John Parker Wilson one more time. I don't understand why people go around promoting their middle name. I understand why some women use their maiden name and hyphenate it like Hillary Rodham-Clinton but that's a last name thing...I'm talking about people who use their middle names as well.

This gets me going for some reason...I just really can't stand people who have three word names. A few examples.

1.) John David Booty - He was the QB for USC a couple of years ago. I think I hated him more because according to Brent Musberger "afraid to get hit". Hello?!? You're a quarterback...you're supposed to take a hit every now and then.

2.) Charles Nelson Reilly - He was on a lot of game shows in the 70's and 80's like the Match Game and Holly Wood Squares. I think I hate him because he made a career out of being on game shows which in my mind is completely awesome. Alec Baldwin did a killer impression of him on Saturday Night Live (its on the Will Ferrell greatest SNL moments Volume 1).

3.) Sarah Jessica Parker - she peaked in terms of looks in L.A. Story back in 1991 but that SEVENTEEN YEARS ago. Maybe its her character Carrie blending in with her real life persona but I can't stand her one bit.

Hmmmm...those are the only four I can think of at the moment but if you're out there and you use three names...forgive me if I initially dislike you.

No comments: