Sunday, February 22, 2009

8:52pm

Well, I'm already 0 for 1 in my Oscar picks.

* More Hugh as he introduces some kind of screenwriting thing with some jokes. Well hello Steve Martin and Tina Fey...two of the better comedic writers. Another former Oscar host. I love how Tina Fey gets a bigger applause. They are both kings of the deadpan comedic style.

* Abstract humor about aliens is taking over...I like that.

* Best original screenplay. Doing a more traditional award presentation but with Tina and Steve reciting some words from the screen. "Milk" gets the most applause but who wins? I didn't see "WAll-E" but that one clips makes me want to.

* And the winner is...MILK. Nice win there. I saw this movie and thought it was awesome. There's a slight...SLIGHT chance this can beat "Slumdog"...then again, this could be the consolation for this movie. Uh-oh, here comes the first breakdown of the show...hang on little fella. Nice speech...if Milk doesn't win best picture then his speech will resonate the most.

No comments: